Who are speech pathologists and what do they know about feeding?

  • Speech pathologists work with people with communication and/or feeding problems.  They study, assess, work out the problem, give advice, give therapy and most importantly, find the right tools for you.
  • Speech pathologists are trained in the anatomy and physiology of the head and neck and how this relates to your entire body.   They are trained to provide strategies to children and their families for safe and quality mealtimes.
  • To learn more about speech pathologists click here.

Where do you run workshops?

  • Learn to Eat. Love to Eat. workshops are run in Melbourne and Geelong.
  • If you live outside of these areas please register your interest on our registration page.  
  • You may also enquire about participating in a Skype workshop.

What do I need to bring to the workshops?

  • You don’t have to bring any items with you.  We will supply pens, paper and a workbook.

Does my baby need to have started solids before the Learn to Eat. Love to Eat. Baby Workshop?

  • No your baby does not need to have started solids for the Learn to Eat. Love to Eat. Baby Workshop.  Following our workshop you will have the confidence to know when your child is ready to start solids and how to begin.

What if my baby has already started eating?

  • Your baby may have started eating solids prior to the Learn to Eat. Love to Eat. Baby Workshop.  Great!  The workshop you will give you the confidence to continue your baby’s feeding journey through the first year.  You will learn how to provide them with the right food at the right time and ways to encourage enjoyable mealtimes to avoid problematic fussy eating.

Can I bring my child to the workshops?

  • Babies are welcome at the Learn to Eat. Love to Eat. Baby Workshops.
  • Learn to Eat. Love to Eat. Toddler Workshops are for parents and caregivers only.  We ask you find a minder for your child so you can soak up as much life changing information as you can.

Can I breastfeed during the workshop?

  • Definitely!

I think my child has an eating problem, where can I get more help?

  • If you have concerns regarding your child’s feeding,  you are not alone. A range of professionals are available such as paediatricians, occupational therapists, dietitians and speech pathologists.  We recommend you visit the “Feeding Matters” website and complete the “Feeding Matters Infant and Child Feeding Questionnaire©".

  • Your general practitioner will be able to inform you if your child is eligible for Medicare rebated sessions with an allied health professional experienced in feeding.

Do you offer private feeding assessment and therapy?

  • Nicole is available for private one-on-one feeding assessment and therapy sessions.  Please contact her by emailing nicole@learntoeat.com.au